During my research and reading on the Internet this morning I ran into a Khmer article about Buddha conversation with an old Bhraman. The old Bharaman asking the Buddha many questions about how to get rid of his sin and how to enter heaven, and the Buddha give many interesting answers. If this conversation is authentic, it is the best Buddha prophecy of Jesus Christ ever.

I have heard many former Khmer Buddhist scholar who became Christian making link of preah Se-art-metrey to Jesus, but this article provide the clearest evident of that link.

http://bibleprobe.com/Khmer-Buddha-spoke-of-Jesus....

Ref: http://cambodiaforjesus.com/

What do you think about this article?

SuperDan

During my research and reading on the Internet this morning I ran into a Khmer article about Buddha conversation with an old Bhraman. The old Bharaman asking the Buddha many questions about how to get rid of his sin and how to enter heaven, and the Buddha give many interesting answers. If this conversation is authentic, it is the best Buddha prophecy of Jesus Christ ever.

I have heard many former Khmer Buddhist scholar who became Christian making link of preah Se-art-metrey to Jesus, but this article provide the clearest evident of that link.

Wow. Intriguing. And if it turns out NOT to be authentic? And Christians ran with it anyway... only to find out later they had been misled by some well-intentioned, but dubious brethren .... how would the backlash be measured?

Dan, in my personal opinon (for what it's worth) I would stick with the Bible. I realize that this alleged Buddhist text could be a powerful tool for bringing Cambodian Buddhists to saving faith, and I have no doubt that it has led some to Christ and may lead more to Christ. Again, I personally would avoid it. Thanks for sharing.

Hello Arrow:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Sure, all opinions are valuable :)

Yeah I agree, we shouldn't pin too much hope on such a prophecy and of course the bible is the sole source of our faith. However, Paul said he try any mean necessary to bring people to Christ. To the Jew he be like a Jew, to the gentile, he be like a gentile. The message that he deliver was also customize to fit the culture of the people, as long as the essential truth of the message is kept.

Of course we have doubt that any Buddhist scripture is any authentic at all, even the Tripitaka itself, because the teaching was past down by word and mouth, only written down some 500 years about the Buddha's death.

So if we present this text to anyone, to Christian or to Buddhist, just make a disclaimer that there is no way we can endorse it as fully authentic, but the text match the gospel of how find Christ and what is the way to salvation.

I heard the story of preah se-art-metreya for a long time, this is nothing new, just that this Buddhist text provide the most detail of that prophecy. Who know, may be this text has been buried and suppressed because it point people to the new way and the right way to find salvation.

I think this prophecy is not about Jesus. Jesus was not born from the side of His Mother. Jesus was born naturally although Mary was conceived by  the Holy Spirit. Just read some more about Metreya, you will understand this. Any prophet who prophesizes wrong is condemnation to death as in Deuteronomy. If you compare this prophecy about Metreya in Buddhist Bible with the Holy Bible, you will see that they are contradictory.

Ron

rc_property@yahoo.com

I think in this 500 year old Buddhist prophecy has its negative and positive influence to both sides of the coin.  When one discerns the literal text in each word or phrase it does have valid point in the context...especially the symbolic discourse, signs which point out to Jesus crucifixion, resurrection, and His great salvation for all.

The older Khmer generation would benefit to hear this prophecy since they are strictly follow their old tradition and culture.  It may not benefit to the young generation or the educated ones.  It may bring lots of confusions and perhaps perplex.  Some may be confused thinking only save their own Buddhist faith, not as Christ the Savior whom to come.  According to Buddha's last statement.

Some pastors say it is good to use this tactic for older generation who rooted in Buddhist's faith.  A teacher must be really careful when interpreting the message in order to avoid even more confusing.

We don't really know that this is an alleged Buddhist's script trying to provoke or have proved to be authentic in any way.  I'm sure many have heard about this prophecy and so do I.  Even to many young faith Buddhists, I don't think they delve for more research or know any better. 

We know because we read and discern God's Word as well as Buddhist's prophecy to certain degree.  We know how to balance what is truth what is hoax.

In respect, I think you have better knowledge about Buddhism than most of us here.  I'm going to do more reading and research while at it.  

Thanks for sharing, Danny.

SuperDan

Thanks for expressing your view on this subject.

So how are you doing lately? 

#0000ff size=2Doing wonderful!  Kinda busy with the ministry and personal business.  How about yourself? 

#0000ff size=2I have not gone to KC.com for a while, are you still combating the dark forces overthere? 

#0000ff size=2I'll be back to the crazy world.  Keep up a good fight, bro. Later!